What information we collect about you
When you use N4L services, we automatically collect certain information about you which might include your Internet Protocol address (IP address) and domain name. We may also record information regarding the pages you accessed during your visit, the browser that you used, the time and date when N4L services were used and the type of hardware and software that were used. We may also record information collected by the websites or search engines which may have led or directed you to N4L services.
We do not require you to affirmatively provide any other personally identifying information to use N4L services on a limited basis as a guest. However, if you subscribe to our services or request further information from us, we may ask you for your name and email address and other information necessary to fulfill the subscription or respond to your request for information.
How we use that information
We use the information regarding your visit to our websites, among other things, to improve our services, improve the user experience, to fulfill the terms of any subscription agreement entered into by you and for marketing purposes as set forth below.
Information gathered from our APIs is used for diagnostic purposes and to prevent fraud and abuse of N4L services, including detection of security threats such as web scraping, Denial of Service attacks and vulnerability scans.
By Us: We reserve the right to occasionally send bulk emails to our subscribers (free and paid) about N4L services or matters relating to our subscribers, if they have opted to receive information by this method. We do not send bulk e-mails or allow others to send bulk e-mails which we believe would be considered to be “spam”. Please realize however, that even if you have opted out of receiving communications from us, we may still contact you in connection with transaction-based messages.
Sharing of information
We will only share certain personal information with our employees and affiliates and third parties under limited circumstances, as described below:
- We may share your information with our employees and affiliates for the purposes of providing our services.
- We may enter into contracts with trusted third parties so that they can assist us in providing our services. The contracts we sign with these third parties prohibit them from using any of your personal information for any purpose beyond that for which it was shared.
- We will not disclose your personal information to courts, law enforcement authorities or other regulatory or government agencies unless legally required to do so or pursuant to a valid court or regulatory subpoena or order. If we are legally permitted to do so, we will take reasonable steps to notify you in advance of any such requests.
Access and Retention of your information
We take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date. You have the ability to access your personal information via the NamesforLife web site and make corrections to it. If you would like to access the personal information we hold about you or have it corrected, revised, or deleted please contact us at the address set forth below. Subject to verification of your identity and provided that there is no prohibition against doing so, we will attempt to comply with your request.
Personal Information in NamesforLife database
Please note that we aggregate information published by a variety of publishers and database providers over which NamesforLife does not have control. If you believe that personal information in the NamesforLife database is in error, we can make the appropriate corrections and annotations to our records to indicate the discrepancy, but you must contact the appropriate publishers or data providers to make additional corrections.
- Temporary cookies are used to store information such as the user session identifier and basic information about your computer such as your IP address, web browser name, the operating system and other information that you explicitly enter, such as your account information. These cookies are used for authorization of products and services. Temporary cookies are removed when you close the browser window.
- Permanent cookies are used to store various settings that are under your control and may be turned off/on, closed or set to default settings. Cookies may also be used to store user preferences such as font size or other options or improving the usability of various parts of N4L services.
- Cookies may also be used for improving the usability of engaging aspects of our Site.
- Other services such as Google Analytics and similar tools may be used to analyze user trends and track the effectiveness of N4L services and advertisements.
You can see exactly what cookies are saved in your computer or if you wish you may delete cookies using standard tools built into your web browser. Additional information about disabling cookies from your browser can be found at: /manage-cookies/.
Protection of your data
We employ reasonable and appropriate security measures to help protect your personal information from accidental loss or unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We use industry standard intrusion detection and virus protection software. However, due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open, non-secure global communications vehicle, we cannot guarantee that information, either during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers or third parties intent on harm.
Consent to worldwide transfer and processing of personal information
Children Under 13
Our Site is not intended for the use of or targeted to children aged thirteen or under. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of thirteen on our Site, we will delete the information from our records.
Conditions of use